Sunday, August 13, 2006

Craftastrophe!

Recently I had a total craftastrophe involving my super awesome retro red kitchen table (pictured) and the hot end of a soldering iron. Yes, in a complete moment of idiocy, I set the dang thing down on my table and it burned a hole in it. I cried, I stomped my feet, I cursed out loud.

So, what do you do when you have a craftastrophe? Make a craft to cover it up!! This weekend I made a little table runner out of this cute Route 66 fabric I found at Crafty Planet and picked some flowers out of my garden to make it even more intentional-looking. The Route 66 works well with my "Greetings From" postcard border (also pictured). I'm also in the process of making some coordinating kitchen curtains with some great preppie stripey material also from Crafty Planet.










In other super exciting secret news, I'm planning a craft retreat for spring 2007. There will be 12 spots, it will be in Red Wing, and it's going to be relaxing, luxurious and of course, crafty.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: