Sunday, April 26, 2009

What's Fer Dinner?




Oh man, I hate to brag, but we ate the yummiest food all weekend. We tried three new recipes and every single one was a total winner. And they were all relatively easy, too.

Friday night I had a craving for Asian food of some sort, so we settled on the Pork, Mushroom and Snow-Pea Stir Fry. The pork was super tender and with brown rice, even the wee one ate it up.

Today we had to entertain ourselves indoors all day because it was 40 degrees and rainy all day (yay! not.). I decided we'd whip up the Dorie Greenspan Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. We carted wee one's little table into the middle of the kitchen, rolled up our sleeves, and let him go to town dumping all the dry ingredients in and helping to mix it up. When the dough was done, I thought the cookies would never turn out. The dough looked way too thin. But, even though we ran out of parchment paper for one of the cookie sheets, they all turned out and didn't spread out into a thin crisp cookie like I thought they would. They were VERY chocolatey, and brownie-like.

For dinner, Mr. Pumpkin (upon my request) made Spinach and Red-Pepper Calzones, which were absolutely heavenly, and vegetarian, too. Instead of store bought dough, he made regular pizza dough, but I don't think you'd need to. The roasted red peppers were awesome and the smokey mozzarella gave it great flavor.

Well, enough about that, I'm headed to the cookie jar...I'm hungry!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yummy! I want some calzones!

Anonymous said...

Oh god, yum!