Tuesday, May 04, 2010

May-ry Christmas


Not that I have ever had a ton of friends, but since moving I am pretty much in constant contact with my "Facebook friends" and that's about the extent of my social circle. It's hard to make friends when you're at work all day, every day. So I joined a local knitting group that calls itself the Yarnivores and I'm really enjoying my weekly trip to the local Starbucks to stitch and bitch, craft and chat, and well, basically get some social interaction with live people now and again.

The other great thing about it is that these women KNOW how to knit. They've given me tips, instructions, and loads of tutorials. And getting into the regular habit of knitting has been great. Two projects down since I starting going back in February or so. That's got to be a record for me! First was the little bellbottoms, now I've finished little wee one's Christmas stocking.

What's next on my horizon? I decided that mama needs a post-partum project for myself! It's going to be a cute cap-sleeve number and I bought this great yarn for it on Knitpicks.com. I can't wait to share the results. Unless they're embarrassing. Then I'll pretend I forgot all about it. What'choo got on the needles lately?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay for new friends and finished projects. I've got a tedious pair of socks on the needles (but lovely yarn from vous!) and am about to start a short sleeve cotton sweater for myself.