Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Product: Recycled Clothesline Organic Tees




Finally, I started making something for girls! It started with the Big Sis Tee, and now I'm on to these cute clothesline tees made on my new, colorful, organic cotton baby onesies. I use repurposed fabrics to make the little clothes that hang on the line, too, so these are do-gooder shirts, for reals.

I was inspired to make these by my own shoes. Yes, my shoes. You see, years ago I bought a pair of Camper Twins shoes that have a clothesline. They were on super-duper sale and I've worn them to death ever since. In fact, I dread the day I have to replace them because I'm sure they will either not be on sale, or I won't be able to track them down. So maybe my new onesies are my way of immortalizing these shoes.

I also love the clothesline image because I love to hang our clothes out to dry. Did you know that some states are moving to BAN them? Check out Laundry List and this article in Time Magazine for information if you're pro-line drying like I am, or just want to know what all the fuss is about. I don't have a clothesline at my new house, so I guess I'll have to find out if they've been banned or if I can put one in. If I do, I just know these little onesies will look so darn cute hung on it!

3 comments:

Pin and Paper said...

Super cuteness! Your fabric choices really make them look great! I have a clothesline in my yard but it's right up against our privacy fence and behind the garage so it never gets a breeze, otherwise I'd be hanging my undies on it for the world to see!

KristenMary said...

Those are super cute!!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Stop it! Stop! You're making me want to break my spending freeze! The new tops are so stinkin' adorable!

I'm a clothesline person too. Where I live it's a non-issue but I have heard of these bans. Utterly ridiculous and misguided. Why are people convinced that something that is inherently better for all of us (line drying vs. using a dryer) is too unsightly and therefore should be banned? It really makes me smack my forehead.