Monday, July 12, 2010

Yummy Caramel Cashew Ice Cream Recipe


It's such a cliche, I know, but a pregnant woman loves ice cream. And I'm no exception. I've only been making homemade ice cream for a very short time, but I really love it. I am missing my favorite ice cream place Izzy's in St. Paul, MN so maybe this helps make up for it. The Milwaukee, WI area is really all about frozen custard, and I'm just not as much a fan. I have yet to find a single ice cream place anywhere around, so if you're from the area, do fill me in if you know of a place. They have this flavor at Izzy's, I think it's called Coffee Break, which I seem to remember being a coffee ice cream with Oreo cookies...dreamy.

But I took some liberties with a Caramel Cashew recipe I found online and it turned out great. Keep in mind that I didn't measure all of the ingredients when I made it, so I'm approximating here.

If you make it, tell me how it turns out.

Pumpkin Girl's Caramel Cashew Ice Cream

Ingredients:
--1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
--2 C. heavy cream
--1/2 C. diced unsalted cashews (salted if you like a saltier ice cream)
--1/4 C. cashew butter
--1/4 C. butterscotch caramel ice cream topping (or plain caramel would probably work, too)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, until cashew butter and caramel topping is well mixed in. Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to maker's directions. Move to covered container and freeze in your freezer for 24 hours. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Tahra said...

I moved to Milwaukee from the Twin Cities last summer, and the big local ice cream shop is the Chocolate Factory. They have them all over the place. My favorite is on the boardwalk in Pewaukee.

Vintage Tracy said...

Tahra,
Thanks for the tip! I will HAVE to try it!!