Friday, April 16, 2010

Hand Knit Bellbottoms for the Baby



We are super excited to be welcoming a new little girl to our house in a few months. But, I have to tell you, we are also all a little unsure of what to expect. Our world currently revolves around trains and trucks and a John Deere tractor. What will happen when adding another female to our equation? Dolls driving dump trucks? Playing T-Ball in dresses? Surely we'll figure out what little girls are made of soon enough, but right now it's a little hard to imagine. All I can think is pink, and dresses.

Which is why I surprised myself when I went to Loop, a local yarn shop, and choose this teal green color for the first knitting project for the new baby. Not PINK? The audacity. But it is so soft and lovely that I can't wait to see how it looks on the babe. For you knitters, it's the Debbie Bliss eco baby. I think it might be new? But anyway, it's great. The pattern I used is called Baby Bellbottoms and I got it free on ravelry. It was pretty simple to knit, actually, even though I was pretty intimidated at first.

Can't wait until I have a little lady to try them on! Next up, I'll be knitting her Christmas stocking! That, I assure you, will be pink.

No comments: