Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Made Some Thingamajigs! For Thread Organization!





Well, to be perfectly honest, my husband made most of it. I just came up with the concept and did the painting. But here's what you need to make your own:

--1 box of big nails with small heads (I'm sure there's a technical term, but I don't know it)
--1 one-by-one inch board, about 36 inches in length
--some paint and a paint brush
--screws to attach it to the wall

From there, I'm sure you can figure it out. After I painted the boards, we nailed in about 18 nails per board, and angled them upwards slightly. Then, we screwed it into the wall, and done! Unfortunately, as with my ribbon organization project, I underestimated how much I had. I guess I'll need to make a few more of these for the rest of it!

If you're more inclined to buy a thread organizer, I've seen some of these around or on ebay, or if you're really lucky you'll find one like this shaped like a sewing machine. I saw a slight variation of what I came up with on Monica Andrade's blog here.

We finally got our carpeting installed, so I'll be slowly re-establishing the craft room. It already feels so spacious without the guest bed. I can't hardly wait to fill it with stuff!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Taking care of business.