Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Birthday Wishes


My dear pal W is having a birthday tomorrow! Happy birthday, sweets! Friday we're going to make her a big dinner featuring a food from Montreal called poutine. It's quite a departure from her usual healthy habits, given that it's made up of some seriously artery-clogging components: gravy, french fries, and cheese. (Edit: here's a cute article from NY Times about poutine.)

Isn't this a cute picture? It's from about 12 years ago, when she and I were budding recycled clothing moguls. We made them, and did all our own modeling, too! I think she should bring back the red hair! But she still looks great and we still often dream up new schemes (well, okay it's usually me dragging her along on some silly idea).

Anyway, just wanted to wish her a happy birthday. She is a great friend and deserves a day of poutine and wishes come true! I hope she doesn't kill me for posting her photo, it's just so darn cute!

5 comments:

KristenMary said...

LOL! Great photo. I agree about bringing back the red hair!! Happy Birthday W!

Willa said...

Thank you!!! Can't wait to indulge in poutine and mangotinis!

I do love this picture (Arnie does too by the by) and all of our adventures. I don't know if I could pull-off the red hair anymore though...

Jen said...

Happy birthday W. Enjoy the poutine!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birfday!

Granny said...

Happy Birthday, Willa! Enjoy the good eats!

Momma Peck