Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wanted: New Toy


We spent our Memorial Day holiday visiting lots of family. We met a big oaf of a dog named Mort, who has loved up this little toy to an extreme. Now I know what Mort needs for his birthday, I guess. Recently, I've actually felt a lot like this toy looks. Pretty over-loved, and worn out, and ready to be reborn as a new toy with new tricks.

I did a lot of talking and thinking (and visiting actual places) about where I want my life to go in the next handful of years. That is such hard work, isn't it? Didn't make any decisions, but got a lot of Big Questions out on the table, such as "why do I work in a cubicle?" and "what does health insurance cost?" and "do I want more babies?" and "what would it be like to move back to our home state?"

Like I said, no decisions, just a lot of good thinking. I thought, and then took breaks from thinking so that I could let it sink in. It was nice to just spend time with people who matter, and talk to them about what matters to them.

Did you do anything fun over the long weekend?

No comments: