Monday, January 18, 2010

New Little Man Shirts on Horizon!




I've been madly sewing up new tiesies out of the great Zee Spot long sleeve organic cotton onesies I just ordered. It's so soothing to do this work. I love putting together the colors, and I love imagining what the little dude who wears it might look like. My customers are usually buying for a special occasion - wedding, birthday, gift - so it's such an honor and source of pride for me when these little shirts head out the door. And of course I love the fact that I am finding uses for things like old ties that might end up in a landfill somewhere or something.

It all started over two years ago before my wee pumpkin was even born. We had a wedding to go to, and I had no idea what a 3-month-old wore to such an event. So I put my thinking cap on and came up with the uber-comfortable and super retro hipster baby tiesie. Of course wee pumpkin ended up stealing the show a bit in his duds, but he didn't seem to mind all the attention! This year I am hoping to spend a little time with some new designs, maybe using more reclaimed or vintage fabrics in applique form. I'm thinking more birthday tees and maybe adding a "big brother" and "big sister" tee into the mix. And as a special request for my mom-n-law, a "Grandma" tee! Can't wait to see what the future holds for Pumpkin Girl...now if I can just squeeze in a few more hours to my day, somehow!

Any other great ideas for new Pumpkin Girl tees? I got lots of onesies that need a purpose!

1 comment:

KristenMary said...

I know that Ronan always stole the show when he wore his tiesie!!