Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bad Economy Or No, Thrifting is a GO!



We spent all weekend at the thrift stores it seems. We are pretty regular pounders of the thrift store pavement. I actually have come to hate shopping, with the exception of thrift stores, antique stores, craft stores and usually the garden centers. Sometimes I get really burned out, especially since it seems like our local joints have really started to jack up the prices on certain "valuables" like Levi jeans (c'mon, people, these are NOT worth $14.99).

But, alas my faith in buying other people's junk at what I consider a reasonable price was restored. We got Wee Pumpkin a new (made in China) yet metal Radio Flyer tricycle for $7 at Hidden Treasures, a whole mess o' board books in almost unused condition at Unique, some water shoes and some cute Oshkosh red stripey "haw haws" for when he's a bit older. I can just see my guy tooling down the sidewalk in his red overalls on his red trike. I also found Mr. Pumpkin a sweet Duran Duran 45 record with "Notorious" on it. Hey, wait a minute! I didn't buy a single thing for myself. What tha!? Oh, well, maybe next time.

Psssssssst...where are your favorite thrift stores? I need to add some new places to my rotation!

Tonight we're going to take advantage of the heatwave we're having (it's 45 degrees) and grill out. Mmmmmmm venison hot dogs. Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I see a lot of Sandra Boynton in that book pile. We love her! But beware, once you get the snuggle puppy song in your head, it's hard to get out!

I'm planning to go thrifting next weekend - woot!

KristenMary said...

I like to sneak out on my lunch break and go to the Salvation Army in the warehouse district off of 4th St (??) Target donates all of their samples to that location and they dedicate the basement for those goodies.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints said...

Love thrifting. It's tedious, but oh so worth the hunt. Your blog is cute.