Monday, January 07, 2008

You Know You're From Wisconsin When...


No, this isn't a Jeff Foxworthy joke. It's the real life birdhouse made by my dad that looks like an outhouse. Now, what you can't see is the inscription inside, which references a "two holer." If you've ever been to a rustic cabin, or been out to a campground, you are probably familiar with a two holer. Why the "two-holer" was ever made, I just can't quite get my head around. Like, "Hey honey, I really gotta go!" to which the response might be, "Well, there's room in here for the both of us, I mean it is a two-holer after all!" It just seems wrong. I understand double sinks, enabling two people to brush their teeth simultaneously, but that is where I draw the line.

All that aside, this birdhouse is pretty darn cute, and I think the birds won't mind at all taking up residence in the sh*%ter, so to speak. I hope they will not try to open the side door, but go in the little "hole" they are supposed to. The new birdhouse is going to live with Willa and her honey now. Enjoy it guys! My dad had a real devious twinkle in his eye when he conceived of it!

1 comment:

Willa said...

Hugs, kisses and many warm thanks for our new bird house! Arnie and I absolutely love it and we are certain that the birds will too. A spot has been picked for easing sh+%%$r viewing from our very own living room.