Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soft Book for Baby's Birthday

I remember this time last year I was 9 months pregnant, hot constantly, and hopelessly addicted to Izzy's Ice Cream. And, I was extremely impatient to meet my little pumpkin. It had been such a long wait.

Now, it's been a year and I can't believe how fast time flies. He went from "amoeba stage" to a real live babbling, crawling, giggling kid in 12 months. He has teeth! A personality! Opinions! He likes to point at airplanes! He loves pears! He loves to play Peek-a-Boo! How did this happen?

For his birthday I actually had not planned on having a party or getting a gift. I mean, we buy him stuff all the time -- would he even know it was his birthday? Well, I reconsidered and I think that was good. I ended up making him this great soft baby book, again after reading The Creative Family and realizing that I needed to start some good habits and good traditions and that it's not too early.

The book is a recap of his first year, but I made it with the intention of helping him learn all the names of our family and friends. Each page has a picture of him with one of his "people" and a little text below. I am really happy with how it came out. My only complaint is that the printable paper is $15 for 5 sheets. Not exactly cheap!

I sure hope he likes it!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That was $15 well spent. Your book looks awesome. And little G will really appreciate it when he is older.