Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wee Bird


My family called a week or so ago, eager to find out if I'd seen any spring birds (Robin) yet. I haven't, but of course everyone else has. I live further north, I tell myself, so maybe they haven't arrived yet. But it did remind me that I need to go empty out my birdhouses and stock the feeders to welcome the spring birds back.

I made myself a spring birdy out of the Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts book tonight. It whips up really fast. To make it a little more "custom" I put a jingle bell inside. Now it's a musical ornament. I got the idea from a gift Granny bought for Baby Pumpkin in the Apple Blossom Baby store which, by the way, is so awesome.

Anyway, my next project is going to be a skirt for one of my nieces. Now, if my sister could just send me those darn measurements. Otherwise it's going to be another craft recon where I end up keeping it for myself!

No comments: