Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Little Pumpkin Turning TWO!


I can't even explain how it happened. I mean, one minute we were like "oh, yeah, it might be cool to have a kid" and the next, we are doting parents to an adorable two-year-old. Like seriously: blink and you're parents.

All those annoyingly "wise" people who tell you how fast it goes by are right. It unexplainably does. Just in the yesterday I heard him say two new words ("bike" and "people"). That's in addition to the 100's of words he already says like "tattoo" and "garbanzo bean" and the sentences he's starting to string together like "mama dig more". Before I know it he'll be transitioning to phrases like "Mom, are you seriously wearing that out in public?"

But, no matter. I've been making a conscious effort since the beginning to PAY ATTENTION to all of it. I've been documenting every single breath he takes with either my camera, my journal or my video camera. Just in case I missed anything or start to forget, I can just rewind the tape or take a look through the album! I hear second and subsequent children are much less photographed. Probably because we've all worn out our cameras by then with all the photos! Oh, and the blackmail material I have amassed so far is incredible. Bring on the future girlfriends.

Anyway, it's my kid's second birthday this weekend. I made him a special shirt with his favorite thing -- cars -- on it and I'm hoping we can spend the day doing things he loves like digging in the sandbox, taking walks and maybe even eating some cake. It's going to be low key, and I'm going to try not to get too freaked out by the fact that two years have gone by since he was first just a tiny little helpless thing coming home with me from the hospital.

FYI -- this fabric is Alexander Henry's Traffic Jam in Mint. Crafty Planet appears to be out of stock. The buttons I purchased on Etsy and the pattern is vintage.

4 comments:

Granny said...

I am quite impressed with the buttonholes :)

KristenMary said...

Happy birthday little pumpkin!!! I'll have to come over for some button hole tutorials one of these days, I can't remember how to do them!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Awesome shirt! Happy Birthday to your little pumpkin. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one storing up the blackmail photos... I can't wait until their proms.

Jen said...

Happy birthday Little Pumpkin!