Friday, July 10, 2009

Pimp My Ride 2009: Advercars


I don't consider myself to be too up on the newest trends, but I did hear that it's become really popular to trick out your hooptie with your favorite brand of candy or soda or whatever. I almost didn't believe it could be true, until what to my dismay should I happen to walk by but this lovely bright blue Skittles candy car! I first heard about it secondhand from our friend who lives in the not-so-nice neighborhood in Milwaukee. I did a quick search of Flickr and found that cities all over this blessed country have their very own Skittles cars! Glory be! There are Wild Berry cars, original, the list goes on. Have you seen these in your town??

In more mundane news, our poor delapitated Mazda with 180,000 miles on it just cost us another $500 today. Grrr. Pretty soon we'll be a one-car family and I think that will be A-ok. Maybe we could trick out the car we have. I'm kind of impartial to Reeses Peanut Butter cups, though. Maybe an orange and brown car...? Crap, it's already been done. Several times. But this one's my favorite.

Do they get paid for this...? I need to solve this mystery!!

2 comments:

KristenMary said...

WTF? I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I have not seen this... I'll have to keep a sharper eye out.

I bought a car out of necessity, and in the last 6 months have had to shell out another 3 grand in repairs, with another $1000 imminent. Sigh... Cars are expensive.