Wednesday, July 08, 2009

What to do, What to do?



Luckily my kid isn't old enough yet to utter the words "I'm bored" or the various combinations including "This is boring" and "This is stupid" and "Do we have to...?" and "When are we going to...?" However, I am trying to proactively avoid such sentiments this summer by coming up with a "summer do" list. So far, it's only really included "make it through til July" and now we're ready to start checking the fun stuff off the list before the snow flies again (which, in Minnesota, is about a month and a half from now).





I came across this awesome list geared towards grandparents, but I think it's totally relevant to parents, too. I borrowed a little from this list, and came up with a few of my own to create my summer do list:
--Garage saling!!!!!
--Hit the drive-in diner (our local fave is the Dari-ette)
--Check out the farmer's market (more than once!)
--Spend a weekend at a cabin (we're thinking about the Girl Lake Resort)
--Have a picnic
--Spend a day at the Minnesota State Fair
--Give the dogs a bath
--Hit the water park (href="http://www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=4&parkid=364">Jim Lupient is our favorite)
--Take a weekend off (Girl's Weekend 2009 here I come!!!)

Mr. Pumpkin and wee pumpkin have already done tons more fun stuff, like watching a big Lion's parade, the beach and about 8,000 hours of park time, but me being the working stiff had to keep the must do list a little more brief.

What's on your must-do list this summer?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great list! Mine also includes:

-participate in the summer reading program
-go to the water park
-go flower picking at the U-pick farm

Anonymous said...

Do your parents still have their cabin?? I love that place.