Monday, July 13, 2009

Off to the [Hamburger] Races


Hamburger Races
Originally uploaded by truckertracy
At our house we've been watching a little bit of the Tour de France. It's fun to try to figure out what everything means. Like Peloton? The Yellow Jersey? Did you know that Tour de France apparently started as a newspaper promotion? Wow, there's so much to learn, it's hard to keep track of all the stages and "trade teams" and strategy. If anyone knows of a good "Dummies Guide to..." book, let me know. Geez, so many things I enjoy I just need the Cliff's notes to understand. Like hockey. And most other sports.

Wee Pumpkin is really shaping up to be quite the athelete. He loves to run everywhere these days, and often declares before he takes off, "runanrunanrun!" We're in the midst of potty training, and so our code word for "I need to hit the potty, ma" is also "runanrunanrun!" Of course, 40% of the time he is saying "runanrunanrun" while the pee is forming a puddle at his feet, but at least he's starting to get the idea. I'm absolutely terrified of the potty training outside the house part of this whole experience. Again, do they make Cliff's notes for that?

Next weekend I'm off for my annual Girl's Trip to hit my hometown for some awesome shopping, relaxing and, if all goes as planned, some much needed jaw flappin'. Now to pick up some trashy lady magazines and some good snacks for the long car ride. I can hardly wait!!!!!!

No comments: