Sunday, August 24, 2008

How I Became Rich and Famous: My State Fair Story

I should start this story by saying that I am not, nor do I plan to become rich and famous. But I feel about as close to a celebrity as I think I ever will. I won myself a red ribbon at the Great Minnesota Get Together, the state fair. This is my winning entry:

I entered four things and this little bugger got the ribbon. Never mind that it's not infant sleepwear and that's the category it won in. Never mind, either, that it's knee pads are sewn more in proximity of the tooshie than the knees. It's a big, fat, red ribbon winner and I'm darn proud. Not nearly as proud as I am of my friend from Hazel and Melvin's Room who won second place for Monkeys in the Meat Grinder:

...and seemingly every other award known to man on her awesome sweater:

And my friend Kristen Mary submitted only one thing, her adorable cloth "paper doll" set, and she won the BLUE RIBBON on it! She rocks, and I feel like her famousness might rub off on me by being her friend.

I'm sure I missed so much. I LOVE the crop art and this year did not disappoint. The fine arts building was full of great looking stuff. But what made my day checking out the fair the most special, was sharing it with this little guy. He ate his first Pronto Pup, enjoyed deep friend cheese curds and a real chocolate milk shake from the dairy barn. He was such a trooper!

5 comments:

Laura said...

CONGRATS!!!! That's fantastic!!!

DK said...

congrats!

We're on our way to the fair tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to avoid the crowds a bit.

KristenMary said...

Thanks for the shout out! You're the rockstar, rockstar!! :-)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I looked and looked for your submissions but somehow couldn't see names. Maybe because my feet were throbbing from running the Milk Run!

Jen said...

Way to go!!