Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last Blast of Summer


I woke up this morning and checked the thermometer. It felt a bit chilly, but 55 degrees? Seriously!? It's still August, but the chill of fall is upon us here in Minnesota. I love the chilly nights, though. It's what we like to call "good sleeping weather" here in the Midwest. I still feel a little strange thinking that summer is reaching it's end, though. As much as I love fall, I'm not really ready.

So today we went to our friend's place on the lake and took what might be our last swim. Baby Pumpkin dug in the sand and paddled around in a big, inflatable whale. We grilled, sat on the "big boy" bigwheels, and tried to avoid eating bugs, sticks, grass, rocks, etc. A good time was had by all, but probably most of all the little guy.

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Laura said...

crazy how fast this summer has gone.
love the picture of the cute diaper and little feet....

Jen said...

Yeah, it's starting to feel crisp down here. Let us know when y'all wan to come for a visit!